Fiber optics is a Eurozone connection that can reach very high Internet speeds, capable of sending data at up to 70% of the speed of light.
The advantages of optical fibers do not stop here!
Their housing is so reliable that it makes the optical fibers resistant even to adverse weather conditions outdoors.
They are also an economical internet option as the energy prices they consume for their operation are lower.
This means they leave a lower environmental footprint and are a choice that supports a sustainable future.
At the same time, they also contribute to the problem of noise pollution thanks to their silent operation, while they are a safe choice for your health as they do not emit radiation.
Are optical fibers a recent technological invention?
In the minds of many, it may be an innovation of recent years, but the truth is that its beginnings can be found in the 1970s, when the telecommunications sector began to develop.
In 1988, underwater excavations were made to lay optical fibers and connect the U.S. with Europe.
Over the years, a huge fiber optic network connects the whole world quickly and reliably thanks to this technology.
GPON – fiber to the apartment
With this technology, its bandwidth increases 100 times compared to ADSL. Thus, a single line connects many services and reaches your home.
What are the advantages of this technology?
- Easy detection of possible faults due to its easy architecture
- High frequency in the transmission of signals
- The rate of energy consumption is minimized
- A single fiber can support many functions at the same time
- Information channel with unlimited scope
- Inexhaustible bandwidth in the information channel
- Absolute reliability in durability even in difficult weather conditions